On a hot day in Central Florida one of the best places to be is at one of our great area water parks. Late in June a new expansion opened at Wet ‘n Wild called Blastaway Beach! Wet ‘n Wild is a well-known water park in the tourist-heavy area on International Drive in Orlando. The new expansion is just in time for some heat relief since temperatures in Central Florida are hot, hot, hot!
Blastaway Beach is Wet ‘n Wild’s newest expansion and one of its largest. The area spans an acre and features a 60-foot sand castle, 15 slides, two pools, 160 soakers, water cannons, jets, dumping buckets and more. The area is perfect for families because of its single entrance and exit, creating a safe way for families with slightly older children to have some freedom without the fret of wondering too far from their parents. Adults are allowed to enjoy all the slides with their children, or if they just want to relax, parents can take in the seating amidst lush, tropical landscaping while their children take in all of the water activities.
Blastaway Beach is the largest water park playground in Florida, covering over 15,000 sq. ft. and over 85,000 gallons of water. It is located near the front of the park and is included in the regular park admission. There are a lot of ticket options for Florida residents and out-of-state visitors. ORLANDO TOURIST TIP: Many people do not know they can combine other theme parks tickets with Wet ‘n Wild tickets. If you plan to visit Universal, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Aquatica or Busch Gardens why not combine your ticket with a ticket to Wet ‘n Wild? There are multi-day tickets, length of stay tickets as well as annual tickets available. Visit www.wetnwildorlando.com for more information.
Along with the new Blastaway Beach, some of Wet ‘n Wild’s other attractions include:
- THE BLACK HOLE™: The Next Generation A Wet ‘n Wild classic just got better, as your two-person hydra capsule blasts off into a mysterious void featuring pulsating light, dynamic effects and cosmic energy.
- BRAIN WASH™ Hypnotizing water thrills await as you and your friends encounter a splashing dose of group therapy on this unique water ride. Lose your grip on reality, but not your grip on the two or four-person tube, as you climb the walls on the six-story extreme tube ride with a 53-foot vertical drop into the 65-foot domed funnel. It’s mind blowing!
- DISCO H2O™ Prepare for a trip to the funky 1970’s. Board a four-passenger tube down an enclosed flume toward a watery disco nightclub – complete with lights, disco balls, and, of course, those groovy hits of the seventies.
- LAZY RIVER Escape to Florida’s past on the Lazy River. Replicas of old Florida boat docks, rustic billboards and enchanting waterfalls give this long-time favorite a dramatic transformation.
- THE STORM Reach maximum speed as you drop from an elevated chute into a giant open bowl where you spin in circles to a splash landing!
- THE FLYER A four-passenger, in-line toboggan adventure rides through 450-feet of thrilling, banked curves!
- BOMB BAY Enter a bomb-like capsule and feel the floor drop from beneath you as you take a heart-stopping plunge down a 76-foot high, nearly vertical slide.
- DER STUKA This six-story speed slide lets you “free fall” down a 250-foot slide, then glide to a stop along a 115-foot water runway.
- MACH 5 Choose from three different flumes totaling 1,700 feet that twist and turn over different thrill courses ending in an abrupt splash.
- THE SURGE Experience this exhilarating, multi-passenger tube ride down five stories through almost 600 feet of twisting, turning, banked curves!
- BUBBA TUB A six-story, triple-dip slide with a tube big enough for the entire family!
- SURF LAGOON Four-foot high waves roll across this 17,000 square foot wave pool which features a waterfall that splashes off the back wall.
– KNEE SKI A cable-operated ski lets you kneeboard like a pro around a half-mile long lake. Open May through September, noon to dusk. Additional fee applies.
– THE WILD ONE Two people are simultaneously towed around our lake on big, bouncy tubes for one “wild” ride. Open May through September, noon to dusk. Additional fee applies.
– WAKEBOARD One of the fastest growing water sports is now at Wet ‘n Wild! Beginners to experts can show off their techniques on the WakeZone cableway. Open May through September, noon to dusk. Additional fee applies.