There are many amazing beaches in Florida, so helpful tips for an amazing beach trip are necessary, especially if you are visiting from out of the area. What makes an amazing beach getaway? A perfect beach destination, tons of exciting sea and water activities, fantastic food and accommodations, a smooth itinerary – the list goes on.
Whether you’re traveling alone or with your family or friends, you want to make your dream beach trip a reality. Here are a few practical tips on how to make it as fun and memorable as possible:
1. Prepare your mind, body, and a handy checklist of things to pack.
- A well-rested body relies on a calm mind.
- Worries and doubts cloud our head (at the last minute) when we fail to put our plan on paper.
- Having a beach packing list ensures that we remember all must-have items for a smooth-sailing trip.
- An example beach packing list includes: beach essentials such as water-proof bag, sunscreen, lip balm, disposable wipes, mermaid fin (to add some fun); clothes like underwear, socks, undershirts, bras, t-shirts, and sleepwear; toiletries; and other travel essentials.
2. Never skip research when choosing a beach vacation spot.
- Loads of beach getaways are on offer by many travel agencies and websites.
- Their itineraries are also crafted by well-experienced guides. But these should not stop you from doing your own research. Why?
- Your needs are unique.
- This is why no two reviews of a beach destination are alike.
- Hence, you should come up with at least five things you expect to get from a beach holiday deal.
- Maybe you want to factor in ‘affordability’, ‘ease of access’, ‘attractions and activities’, “quality of service” or ‘family-friendliness’.
- Make a choice based on the non-negotiable items/factors in your list of standards.
3. Early reservations make a huge difference every time.
- Booking your hotel accommodation, flight or rides early will save you from stress and overspending.
- This golden rule is sadly broken when our busy work gets in the way.
- But think about it, you will enjoy your beach trip more if you are less anxious about money or room and transport availability.
- If you are not able to secure early bookings or special deals for your trip, check if you can adjust your vacation dates.
- You can get better rates if you schedule your trip at the beginning or end of summer.
- Or you can take two days off during the middle of the week.
- Considering this, your best option seems to be to reserve early on.
4. Set a budget for souvenir shopping.
- Even kids want to get a memorabilia from a fun beach destination.
- Photographs are a given.
- But charming personalized souvenirs, who can resist them?
- Even seasoned travelers suffer from buyer’s remorse when they do not adopt a sound approach to souvenir shopping.
- Go online and check out the typical price range for souvenirs – then allot a budget you would stick to.
5. Check out nearby must-visit attractions.
- Some family-friendly beaches offer more than the sparkling shore, the scorching sun, and snorkeling opportunities.
- Others have famous theme parks, ocean parks, or botanical gardens nearby.
- If you didn’t skip tip #2, by now you would have figured out which nearby sites are worth checking out.
- Set some budget for transport service and entrance fees for these splendid side trips.
Did you find these tips helpful? Then, share them with every beach-lover you know. Welcome to Florida and have an amazing beach trip!
Written by guest author: Anna Hale