If you are anything like me, one of the first things that come to mind when planning a vacation is “What about my animals?” Well, here in Central Florida, there are options for you if you prefer to bring your pets along.
Following are a few of the best pet-friendly hotels in Orlando, FL that are nearer to the attraction areas:
PLEASE NOTE: Hotel policies and prices vary and can change without notice. Contact the hotels directly to learn more about their pet policies (refers to dogs and cats, not exotic animals) and of any pricing/fees involved. Guests must provide proof of vaccinations. Prices do not include tax.
- Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando Resort. The 650-room Pet Friendly Resort is just a short walk, or a complimentary water taxi or shuttle ride away from the Universal CityWalk entertainment complex and both Universal Orlando theme parks. 800-BE-A-STAR. Rates start at $289.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. This luxurious hotel is celebrated as “an experience in art and music.” Amenities include 4-Star dining, a heated outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool, in-room spa and 24-hour fitness center. Dogs under 25 lbs. allowed, with $100 fee. 407-313-9000. Rates starting at $199.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. Hotel amenities include three themed swimming pools, full service Mandara Spa, fine dining, fitness center and special exclusive benefits at local attractions. Pets get the royal treatment at this first class hotel. 407-503-1000. Rates start at $304.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando. Hotel features a Lagoon style swimming pool with interactive water play area, children’s activity center, fitness center, luaus with authentic food and entertainment, business center and exclusive benefits at Universal Theme Parks. Pets get the royal treatment. 407-503-3000. Rates start at $269.
- Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort. Amenities include: over-sized swimming pool, two whirlpools, fitness center, high speed internet access, karaoke, poolside games for children and more. Pets up to 30 pounds welcome. 1-800-366-629. Rates start at $99.
- Sheraton Safari Hotel & Suites. Unique themed pet friendly Sheraton Orlando hotel is located 1/8 mile from the Walt Disney World Resort. Amenities include a spectacular pool complex, children’s pool and hot tub, fitness facility, game room, restaurant and pool side Tiki Bar. Pet friendly, under 80 lbs. 407-239-0444. Rates start at $109.
- Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. This hotel is located just minutes for popular attractions. Family friendly hotel features amenities including free continental breakfast, internet access, outdoor heated swimming pool and restaurant. Pet friendly hotel. 407-996-7300. Rates start at $75.
You cannot leave pets unattended at the hotels during the day, however, these local theme parks offer boarding while you are enjoy their park: Disney Kennels, SeaWorld Parks, Universal Orlando, and Busch Gardens Tampa all offer daily kennel service.
Pet-friendly Vacation Home Rentals
Another option for bringing your pet(s) with you while staying in Orlando includes vacation home rentals. Since this usually pertains to families that will be staying for more than a few days, we’ll cover some of those options in another post. If you know of a property that is pet friendly, or have an experience with any of the hotels listed here, please leave a comment. We want your Central Florida vacation to be a great experience for you and the furry ones in your family!