We have included helpful links to help you plan your visit and make the best of your trip to Orlando at the bottom of this page.
Best times of the year to visit:
- October and November and early December offer lighter crowds and great weather.
- September is the slowest month of the year and has the best deals but it is still hot especially in the first half of the month.
- January after the Christmas holiday period ends great weather, smaller crowds and an opportunity to escape the snow of the north.
- May is also a slower month to visit but May pretty much starts our summer so it can be very hot.
Busiest times of the year:
- Christmas season is absolutely the busiest time of year.
- Summer because the kids are out of school.
- From Valentine’s Day through the week after Easter.
- Holiday weekends
Most popular places to visit in Orlando now:
- Islands of Adventure because of the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- The Magic Kingdom brought back the Electrical Light Parade and Nightastick a cool combination of fireworks and laser lights.
- Universal Orlando again riding the popularity of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter because of a two park ticket option that’s a deal.
- Wet & Wild with Orlando’s most water rides it will provide thrills and cool you off.
Best deals in Orlando:
- Capone’s Dinner & Show is a bargain that provides a delicious buffet, unlimited beverages and a fun interactive show. About the only thing to complain about is the dessert but it’s included and beverage service and buffet more than make up for it.
- Outta of Control Magic Show although dinner is included it is basically a Pizza Buffet not up to the standards of Ci Ci’s pizza buffet, so you go there for two reasons, lowest priced dinner show and the magic is top notch.
- Golden Corral Buffet for around ten bucks at dinner you get an incredible selection of food and most of its very good. Steak and BBQ Baby Back Ribs at night are the highlight of dinner. Lunch is served at all locations for a slightly lower price and some locations offer a breakfast buffet. Numerous locations in the tourism corridor means one is close to you.
- Fun Spot with locations in Kissimmee and the International Drive resort area is a fun and a reasonable way to spend a few hours. There is no admission price instead you purchase tickets you spend on rides. This option allows parents to budget the cost for the visit.
Links to help plan your Central Florida vacation:
- Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kissimmee Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
Publications to pick up when arriving here:
Should you have a need for any other Orlando information please contact us and we will do our best to provide a locals perspective on all that Orlando has to offer.
Other Orlando Tourist Tips include…
- Staying Safe
- Tips on Golfing
- Tips on Orlando Night Life
- What to do if you have a bad hotel experience
- Shopping Safety Tips
- Water Safety Tips
COMING SOON! Orlando Tourist Tips on…
- Mini Golf
- Orlando Sports – Magic, Predators and others
- Shows – Blue Man Group / Cirque De Solei / Orlando Theatre
- …and more!