FastPasses Now Available for Epcot’s ‘Eat to the Beat’ Concert Series
Guests at Walt Disney World will now have the option to use FastPass+ for concert events during Epcot’s ‘Eat to the Beat’ concert series. Hotel guests have the option to book as early as 30 days before arrival at the resort, or 60 days before check in with a Walt Disney World Resort vacation package. Annual pass holders can access these fast passes up to 30 days before their trip.
The concert series is titled ‘Eat to the Beat’ due to its occurrence during Epcot’s annual Food and Wine Festival. The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a favorite among both Disney fans and foodies, as it allows visitors to taste authentic foods from all around the world in one easy access location. Last year’s samplings included a beef chimichurri skewer for Morocco, a three cheese ravioli for Italy, and roasted duck for China. Look for new items in the Dominican Republic this year featuring seared grouper in coconut sauce, mangu, yucca souffle and pineapple flan. Food and alcohol samplings from these booths often run between $4 and $8, with the Dessert and Champaign booth’s Dom Pérignon maxing out at a whopping $32 during the 2014 festival.
If guests choose to use one of their three FastPasses for the concert series, they will have access to a reserved viewing area in the American Gardens Theatre that is meant to offer a better visual experience.
Epcot has welcomed a variety of different entertainers for their ‘Eat to the Beat’ concert series throughout the years. A trend they are continuing with the 2015 concert series. This year’s lineup includes return performers such as Smash Mouth, Wilson Phillips, Rick Springfield, Sister Hazel and more. New artists include Tiffany, Everclear, Maxi Priest and Chaka Khan.
The full line up is (Eat to the Beat Concert Series take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.):
- David Cook – September 25 to September 27, 2015
- Wilson Phillips – September 28 to September 29, 2015
- Christopher Cross – September 30 to October 1, 2015
- STARSHIP Starring Mickey Thomas – October 2 to October 4, 2015
- Smash Mouth – October 5 to October 7, 2015
- The Pointer Sisters – October 8 to October 9, 2015
- 38 Special – October 10 to October 11, 2015
- Rick Springfield – October 12 to October 13, 2015
- Sugar Ray – October 14 to October 16, 2015
- SOS Band – October 17 to October 18, 2015
- Air Supply – October 19 to October 21, 2015
- Fuel – October 22 to October 23, 2015
- Tiffany – October 24 to October 25, 2015
- Dennis DeYoung (original member of STYX) – October 26 to October 28, 2015
- Jo Dee Messina – October 29 to October 30, 2015
- Everclear – October 31 to November 1, 2015
- Boyz II Men – November 2 to November 4, 2015
- Sister Hazel – November 5 to November 6, 2015
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – November 7 to November 9, 2015
- Hanson – November 10 to November 12, 2015
- Maxi Priest – November 13 to November 14, 2015
- Chaka Khan – November 15 to November 16, 2015
Orlando Tourist Tip: If any of these concerts sound exciting to you, book your FastPass as soon as possible, and be sure to arrive early! These FastPasses likely won’t be available for long, especially for the more popular and well-known performers (if you are excited to see a performer, odds are, somebody else is too)! Disney employs this fast pass system for reserved viewing areas during fireworks and parades as well, and the earlier you get there, the better your view will be, FastPass or not.
You do not need to have a special ticket or a Food & Wine Festival ticket to enjoy the Eat to the Beat concerts. They are free to all Epcot attendees. Expect crowds for these half hour performances. Using your FastPass+ gives you an advantage.