If you are visiting the Orlando area during Easter weekend, you picked a great time to be here! There are several events going on this weekend, as well as a great selection of Easter Services, activities and Easter Brunch options.
Some of the Sunday Easter Sunrise Services you may enjoy include:
- SeaWorld Orlando – Their annual Easter Sunrise Service is held at Bayside Stadium, with guest speaker Dwight Bain from the Z88.3 Morning Show. The service will kick off with worship led by Z artist Chris Sligh, former American Idol Contestant (season 6). The service (and parking) is free, with gates opening at 5:30 am for the 6:30 service.
- Bok Tower Gardens will hold its Annual Easter Sunrise Service from 6 – 8am. Greet the dawn of this special day atop Florida’s highest point while enjoying the music of a 60-bell Singing Tower carillon and the Lake Wales Chorale. Free admission during the Sunrise Service.
Other religious Easter Services include:
- Walt Disney World will be celebrating Easter with religious services on Sunday at the Contemporary Resort in the Fantasia Ballroom. The schedule for services will be: Catholic Mass – 8 am and 10:15 am ; Protestant Service – 9 am
- First Presbyterian Church of Orlando will be celebrating with 3 traditional and 3 contemporary Easter Services on Sunday, April 24, 2011. The services will be held at 8:15 am, 9:45 am, and 11:15 am.
- Uptown Altamonte is once again presenting Rise Up Community Easter Celebration on from 8 am to 11:00. The service which will include a Continental breakfast is presented by First Baptist Church of Altamonte Springs. They will also offer a special service for children in the Eddie Rose Amphitheater.
A few of the great places serving Easter Brunch include these fine restaurants (reservations recommended for the holiday):
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Three-course brunch, $32.95 per person
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Buffet includes fennel-dusted salmon and rosemary prime rib, $69.95 per adult, $29.95 children
- Islands Dining Room at Universal Orlando, champagne brunch with hula dancers, island music, the Easter bunny and Universal characters, $48 per adult, $23 children
- The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel, Universal, features kids pancake and cupcake decorating station, $36 per adult, $16 children
- Villa de Flora at Gaylord Palms Resort, Mediterranean-inspired brunch, $55 per adult, $21.50 children
There are several other events going on this weekend including visits from the Easter Bunny at our area Malls, plenty of Easter egg hunts, Hippity Hop Adventure at the Central Florida Zoo, Earth Day in Downtown Orlando, Easter Weekend open house at the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art (free admission), and the 47th Annual Easter Surf Festival in Cocoa Beach.